Friday 18 June 2010

Rivalry

Living in the heart of Glasgow amongst one of the most passionate and bitter sporting rivalries has always fascinated me so its no surprise that I take an interest in the other great sporting feuds.

The NBA Lakers/Celtics rivalry is one that always captured my imagination so much so that I stayed up to five this morning to watch it come to its conclusion and see the Lakers win the play-off to become champions.(gutted I stayed up to fucking watch it now)

The rivalry they had going in the 80's was brilliant, the two best and most successful teams in the country with the two best players, east v west, black v white, Bird v Magic, Cancer v Aids.

Anyway folks give me some great rivalries sporting or otherwise we can check out.

PS Andy, Tits v Fanny doesn't count.

12 comments:

wayupnorth said...

tits v fanny is no competition.
tits v arse on the other hand?

il give you the uber sporting rivalry...
Israel v Germany

Gav said...

Whats the history?

Boca V River plate

wayupnorth said...

they've never played each other at fitba but maybe at other sports.

im thinking that germany trying to wipe them the face off the earth might put a dampner on any bit of sport between them.

it would be a great game to watch though.

Mick Forever said...

Germany V Holland
Germany V England
Germany V Poland
Germany V Russia
Poland V Russia
England V Anybody

See the L.A lakers fans wrecked the place after the game...And they won!

Gav said...

Mick Says....

Aye I read that! the must be more rivalries than football

Mick Forever said...

White People V Black People.

The red car and the blue car from the milky way advert.

Gav said...

ha ha....

Millie v vanillie

Anonymous said...

I stayed up to watch the lakers/celtics game too.
This is that barmaid you always hassle btw.

Gav said...

I hassle a lot of barmaids but I do have my favourites! good too see you on, not been about for a while?

Anonymous said...

I've been getting one shift a week recently, usually a week night so that's why! I'm aff tae Cuba in a fortnight for all of July :D

Gav said...

Ahh Cuba...Fair play to ye shorty, you'll have a blast. Not that ive been or anything but I would imagine you would. Hopefully I'll catch ye before you go and I'll buy you a white Russian x

Darth Carlsberg said...

Cats and dogs.
Man that gripe goes way back.