Thursday 22 October 2009

The Extra Mile.

My company is doing a drive at the moment to win back corporate business that was lost last year for whatever reson, The campaign has been originally titled "We want you back" and involves a letter being sent out at the start of evry month to the various companies so the guys can follow it up with a call or whatever.

I was asked along with a couple of others to look at the letter, rewrite it and send it back to the boss.

This was my effort, I dont think she was impressed.


Mr Jon Doe
Blythswood Street
Glasgow
Scotland
G2 7AT


22nd September 2009

Dear Mr Doe,

Re: Insurance Review

When I had you to myself I didn't want you around. Those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd. But someone picked you from the bunch, one glance was all it took Now it's much too late for me to take a second look

Oh baby give me one more chance (show you that I love you) Won't you please let me(back in your heart)Oh darlin' I was blind to let you go(let you go baby)But now since I see you in his arms(I want you back)Yes I do now(I want you back) Ooh ooh baby (I want you back)Ya ya ya ya (I want you back)
Na na na na


Your sincerely,


David Gavigan
Commercial Executive
Direct Dial 123456 789
Email –

6 comments:

keentouge said...

Jackson 5

Gav said...

well done ma man.

Mick Forever said...

Could have been worse, Could have been Take That! Want you back, want you back for Goooooood!

Darth Carlsberg said...

Mon tha Keentouge!
Say what you see.

Darth Carlsberg said...

Haw Gav ma guid man,
I ventured into O'kellys (is it?) after a shift at a rugby game on Friday night purely (&sadly) thinking you would be there.
I started in the Ali arms then thought..."Yer boy will be in the rattlers bar" so I stuck my head in briefly for 4 pints.
You werent there and it was far from living up to the 'cracking place' you had billed it as.
However there was a boy in there that I thought WAS you!
Man he's your dead ringer.
Tanned and teeth recently done and Oirish. When quizzed on his identity, he became inward almost to the point of reclusive anxiety.

Was it really you?
If not, do you know him?
I think he claimed to be called Colin or some shite.

Additionally, £2.80 for a Tennents in a bar that is hoaching with Nolan lookalikes all swaying uncontrollabley to whichever Oirish themed / Banglashiels based folk group are that evenings turn and situated smack bang in tha middle of a street that smells of beer farts is a fucking liberty.
Would you now agree?

Love, DC. X

Gav said...

Darth, twas not me.Think it might be a big spud called calum that I have been likened too but who I call Calum Pest(he's a twit tho) I was in the hoose all night last night, was thinking of going down for a quick pint tae.

The place is a joke to be honest with prices and clientèle, I just go in there cause its became a habit for a quick pint or to watch a game, its a laugh tho.

I'm gonna be in on Sunday after my 10k. If your about pop yer bleach blonde bonce in for a pint! I would wait till after the celtic game tho!!!!....