Tuesday 29 June 2010

The Corona Bar Review

A south side bunnet shop for you now in Shawland's Corona Bar.

I'm not really a fan of Shawlands like most south-siders in their attempt to make out like its our answer to the west end. Its not ,and The Corona is a boozer typical of the area or so I thought.

The last time I was in this joint was a few years ago and it was like a scene from a 1930's western but something quite interesting has happened to this place. On a jaunt through Shawlands on a Friday night I ventured in, ironically in search of the "quiet pint" where all that was maybe gonna bother me was how many times auld Jimmy would fall off his stool but what I actually encountered was something different. The façade may be the same but on entering I found it to be a "lambrini girls" paradise. Brilliant.
A DJ, loads of dancing, loads of craic. A young single dude or group of dudes out on the pull's dream. Pity I was wearing a hoodie but the view wasnt half bad.

Gavs Rating 7/10

10 comments:

Mick Forever said...

Your late to the party, Its been like this for a while, The DJ has a mullet and a brilliant stereotypical DJ voice. The burds usually go in there before heading to the shed. Its one of the better places to head in the southside on a friday saturday night if you want to have a pint and maybe a bit of atmosphere.

Gav said...

am obviously not as cool as I thought

Mick Forever said...

Sometimes you've got to love a place where you can walk in like a jake, and nae cunt cares because no matter what you wear they are all jakier than you.

Darth Carlsberg said...

They do a "meal deal for 2" in there of 2 steak and chips and salad and peppercorn sauce and a bottle of wine for something riiculous like 7 quid!

Yet my mind tells me that all the times ive been in there its been shite so I cant take advantage.

Actually, since Mrs Carlsbergs fucked off to T in the park already,
I might go there today and order those 2 steak meals and wine for myself. That would fill me up for the day.
Seems reasonable.

Gav said...

Is this you just getting round to reading my stuff now and leaving comments accordingly?...I dont know if that last comment is a hint at going for dinner together.

0hgosh said...

you are soooo gay for each other it makes me wet myself a little!

Gav said...

And what of it?

by the way Andy will want your wet pants now you've mentioned them

0hgosh said...

its cute thats all !!11

I Wish i had a boy that was gay for me.... but alas no :(


ha !! that reminds me of a site me and my friends set up! i think i will blog about it !1

ahhahahah nice one GAVVVVVV :)

0hgosh said...

its cute thats all !!11

I Wish i had a boy that was gay for me.... but alas no :(


ha !! that reminds me of a site me and my friends set up! i think i will blog about it !1

ahhahahah nice one GAVVVVVV :)

Mick Forever said...

Just found out Corona, Is the bit under the head of a guys knob. Imagine calling your pub after a knob.