Saturday 24 July 2010

I've seen better...

This is what I tell people my favourite film is. Dog Day Afternoon starring Al Pacino. A bank robber film that's thought of as "good" and sounds impressive cause it was made in 1975, was acclaimed and up for all sorts of awards. I've seen it twice. It was early in Pacino's career so he's got the high pitch thing going on and wasnt quite such the over actor he is today. Its based on a true story of a married gay dude who robs a bank to pay for his boyfriends sex change which results in a stand-off/hostage situation with the cops. Its hard work.

This is my actual favourite film. Dumb and Dumber starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. A stupid, buddy, road trip comedy that doesn't sound quite impressive when "that question" gets raised when your generally in company you don't know or are trying to impress. I've seen allot of films in my time but would take a good comedy like the above or Caddyshack or even any of the recent Judd Apatow films anyday over the rest but I couldn't possibly admit that to anyone I don't know.

Give us your fake favourite film and your actual favourite film...

13 comments:

Mick Forever said...

AATTTIICCAAAA! AATTTICCCAAAA!!!

I improved that shit right there.

Dumb is dumber has to be one of the best comedy films ever and is probably Jim Careys and Jeff Daniels best work.

Gav said...

yeah but what is your fav film and what do you tell people it is?

Mick Forever said...

My Fav film is Con Air But I tell people it's the exorcist.

Gav said...

ha ha. lets hear them folks....

wayupnorth said...

if you tell folk dog day afternoon is your favourite film, they will think your a gay!

the original Assault on Precinct 13 is a very good film.

Darth Carlsberg said...

Im loving the way you cant admit to liking dumb and dumber but are happy to admit your hatred of the black race and the jews.
You are a walking conundrum my friend.

I dont have a fake favourite film.
I cannae be doing with all that poncey nonsense.
I like what I like even if its stuff that others dont like.
Im a sucker for chewing gum for the eyes.
Anything thats big summer overblown sci fi blockbuster that I can put on when I go to bed, turn down so quietly that I cant hear it then shove the timer on and turn my back to it and go to sleep.
That kinda stuff.

Darth Carlsberg said...

That rules me out then.
I have the attention span of a..



Hey look!
A seagull outside the window

Mick Forever said...

Am sick of cunts going on about inception. Its was good, But its one of these films that its beome instatly trendy to say is Brilliant.

Gav said...

I dont think you got it mick and your angry at people who did. Dont hat the player bra, hate the game.

Mick Forever said...

No, I got it. Its not that hard to understand, so dont try and fucking patronise me or else i'll come round to your house, stand outside in the phonebox across the road and start giving you freaky phonecalls while stairing up at your window at 2 in the morning...ALRIGHT!

Anonymous said...

casablanca which I do love but I haven't watched that as many times as 10 things I hate about you...so that's probably my actual fave. riddy.

Gav said...

Thats funny cause i could name 10 things I hate aboot you Cav!

Ban Eyliner said...

In no order my top few are:
Leon
Pirates of the caribbean
Top Gun
Pretty Woman
Oh I could go on and on, All the Bournes, the Die Hards, Indiana Jones, Toy Story. This list is not exhaustive! I think if I really had to choose, if there was no way you could have more than one it would be Leon, no Pirates, no......