Sunday 27 September 2009

Merchant City Festival

Was OK.

Some good bands on, including the massive jazz band pictured above who would have made at least 5 quid each by the time the money got divvied up.
couldn't properly drink in the street cause they fucked up the licence application but plenty of stuff going on and weirdos mulling about to keep me entertained.

The best thing about the day happened when we got there, my mate Mitch(pictured) pulled oot an auld mans patchwork bunnet and stuck it on! I dont know what kind of statement this was but it was hilarious! and he wore it for the whole day.

Good on ye Mitch!

7 comments:

Mick Forever said...

I took a saunter down aswell, I got dragged into a dark room, forced to lie on the floor and watch a naked women climb about the ceiling while I was wearing a pair of 3d Glasses, My day never really got any weirder than that.

Darth Carlsberg said...

We went but after walking round what is essentially the same market that goes everywhere, we just sat in the merchant square and I guzzled red wine.
Not quite "taking in the festival" but fun nonetheless.

Gav said...

The same market thats in st Enoch's square at crimbo, george square at new year and all the festivals during the summer. that wan? piella man is class tho!

Darth Carlsberg said...

HA!
I totally had the chicken paella too!
Right squared me up so it did.

Gav said...

I would follow him round the world( or Scotland) if I could

Darth Carlsberg said...

I find the 'set your phone up to take a photo while holding it against your ear as if making a call but standing next to your subject' technique usually works so long as you remember to disable the flash first.
Also, make sure your phone doesnt have that stupid shutter noise on when you take photos as this too is a dead giveaway.

Darth Carlsberg said...

FYI - Ive posted this comment on the wrong post.
DOH!